Tuesday 26 May 2015

Bentley Continental GT 6.0


First of all, let me apologise for my inability to update as well as to do new write ups for some time due to my hectic schedule which includes getting myself into several new and interesting ventures including a new business venture. Without wasting time, today I will be reviewing a rather newer car which happens to be a Bentley Continental GT 6.0 (can’t run too much from the British element).

This will be the third Bentley on this site with previous write ups such as the sedan version of the GT, which is the Bentley Continental Flying Spur as well as a slight older one which also happens to be one of my favourites, the Bentley Turbo R. The Continental GT is a car which was first produced in 2003. It just seems like this model came out a few years back due to its rarity and design but in fact it has been around for more than a decade and is still in production. Being the first model to be produced since the acquisition of Bentley by German carmaker Volkswagen, this car was powered by the newly designed 6.0 litre W12 twin turbo engine which was later shared with the sedan Flying Spur models.



As always, I try to do write ups of cars that I come across in person. Thus, the model that will be discussed today is the 2005 version of the Bentley Continental GT which I came across some time back but just didn’t have the chance to do a write up. Over the years of production, changes have been made to update the cars which include facelifts (do search online for further details on the models over the years). At first, this car may not be the most beautiful car. I personally like the design of the sedan over this coupe but once you get inside it, then it becomes a Bentley :). As you can see from the pictures below, the luxurious interior is one that will certainly put many other car makers to shame. This interior was slightly different compared to the sedan that I had a chance to review earlier, with a slightly different dashboard, different door cladding as well as the difference in the colour of the leather used. The leather in this coupe was tanned whereas the Flying Spur reviewed earlier was cream. Though it is supposed to be a 2+2 coupe, do not dream of having more than two people including the driver in the car as the rear leg space is somewhat 'almost' not there, if you know what I mean.

As for the power, the engine certainly had a nice roar to it thanks to its W12 design. For those who know me well, they will know that I’ve always had a thing for large bodied and large displacement cars and this is certainly no exception. As mentioned earlier, my preference when comparing the sedan and the coupe has to be the sedan; nonetheless it was certainly good to get up close with this beast. On the questions of “will I buy one?” The answer will be, “I don’t think so” as I prefer the classic Turbo R better being more of a sedan person. Well, hope this long essay did not bore you guys. Do enjoy the pictures, although they are not too clear as I was using an amateur camera. I've also included two videos of the car picked up from the net which may give you a feel of it.








The videos



No comments:

Post a Comment