Monday 14 April 2014

Bentley Turbo R




The Bentley Turbo R… hhmmmm… It sure does sound fast with the word ‘Turbo’ in it and you know what, it actually is. Just by looking at the engine compartment picture above with the word ‘Turbo’ on the air intake will give all you speed junkies the shivers. The Bentley Turbo models were the fastest, high-performance models that were built by Bentley. During its 12 year production period from 1985 – 1997, there were only less than 8,000 units built worldwide and this certainly makes this a rare one for those who appreciate Bentleys of that time.

There were some minor updates done on the 90s models which included adding air-bags. Having sat in an 80s model (wished I had driven it but unfortunately the car was being repaired), I must say it’s got one of the most gorgeous interiors a car can ever have especially at the driver’s position. It’s just got that ‘you are in control feeling’ once you are at the driver seat and though at one look it may look like your everyday Bentley of the same era but the front lights, the grille as well as the badge at the rear boot which says ‘Turbo R’ certainly differentiates it from the rest.

Some time back I watched an episode of JayLenosGarage (attached below) and not surprising, he had the Bentley Turbo R in his collection. And so, there’s an episode where he actually reviews the car and my oh my I must say, it’s one big Bentley with one big heart in it. Even at this moment as I’m sitting and writing this article I feel like just driving one. Imagine the torque and power from that 6.75 litre V8 turbo-charged engine... sigh.. I’m sure all those of you speed lovers will understand what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment