Tuesday 8 April 2014

Restoration - Mercedes-Benz W126 300SE (part 2)



This is part 2 of my Mercedes-Benz W126 300SE restoration. Carrying on from part 1, the Mercedes-Benz was actually stripped off its entire interior in order to re-do it. The seats including the door panels were re-upholstered and whatever needed to be replaced, were replaced and it got a new set of wood panels for the whole dashboard including the centre consoles and the doors.

The car took about 3 months to finish as the work was not too extensive in the sense that the body was in very good condition. It was fully restored to its original specification including all mechanicals and electrical. Once it was all done, I enjoyed using it as my weekend car as well as my after-work car.

It would have been better if I still had all the older pictures taken during the restoration with me but unfortunately I don’t. A few months later a good offer came for the car and I sold it and started searching once again for my ultimate dream machine, the Jaguar XJ6 Series 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment