Thursday 17 April 2014

Mercedes-Benz W124 230CE



We’re back on the Mercedes-Benz theme again. Like I said I have a fascination for them among others. Today I would like to talk about the Mercedes Benz W124 230CE or also known as C124 which denotes coupe. The ‘CE’ which it was commonly known as was part of the family of one of their best selling models produced by Mercedes-Benz, the W124 E-class. The ‘CE’ was basically the 2-door version (coupe) of the ‘E’. Some models even came as cabriolets which although they are rare to come by but once in a while you may just bump into one.

I basically ended up owning one of these beauties early last year after getting a call from an uncle of mine who wanted to sell his. It was a 1988 Mercedes-Benz 230CE and he was only the second owner. Though only having two owners and the last which was my uncle who had it for 18 years, the car wasn’t really used much as he was too busy to drive it as he also had a few other cars. Being a car that was most of the time sleeping, there were naturally some faults in it that needed looking into.

Then of course I ended up buying it and then work on it started as I needed to sort out a few mechanical and electrical faults on the car and the car also badly needed a new paint job and the list just went on but shortly after that I had set my eyes on a Mercedes-Benz W108 and then the decision to keep or sell the CE had to be done and I made the decision to push off the CE to make way for the W108 which was a good decision and one that I’ve never regretted.




No comments:

Post a Comment