Tuesday 4 November 2014

Alfa Romeo GT 1600 Junior


If you’ve been religiously reading my articles and if you are an Italian car enthusiast, you would have noticed that there are very few Italian automobile articles here. Well, to follow my earlier article, ‘The History of Ferrari’ of which Enzo Ferrari was actually an employee of Alfa Romeo, I will be writing about an iconic 70s Alfa Romeo, the Alfa Romeo GT 1600 Junior.


The Alfa Romeo GT 1600 Junior was derived for the successful 105/115 Series coupes and there were many models in this series which included the famous GTV 2000 and the GTA models. It came with a 1.6 litre DOHC 4 cylinder engine and it had the impressive twin Weber carburettors that gave the car it’s roar and of course power. During it’s four year production period from 1972-1976, about 80,000 units were produced and this became the in-between model of the GT 1300 Junior and the bigger GTV 2000.

Several months back, I came across the GT 1600 Junior and I must admit Alfas were never favourites of mine although I’m a fan of Ferraris. This car was a decently kept one but needed some work on the body especially. Other than that, the car ran well with it’s reasonably well tuned Webers, the car was a joy to drive. Unfortunately, a good offer came and the car had to go hence I don’t have any pics to put up. Perhaps once the car is fully done up by the new owner, I’ll insert a few pics. I’ve included below a short photo video for you to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment