Friday 14 March 2014

My first Jaguar - Jaguar XJ6 Series 3



Watching ‘Need for Speed’ today with my good friends certainly brought back memories of the actual video game which I’m sure many of you have at least played once. Back in the day, Jaguars were also known for their speed and If you’ve read my first post ‘My passion for automobiles’, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of Jaguars especially the Jaguar XJ6 Series 3. And I’ve got a confession, I told myself that when I get married I will make sure my bride comes in my very own Jaguar Series 3… And it happened!!

The search for my first Jaguar started some years back even before I bought my first Mercedes-Benz. Finding a well kept one which still had it’s original engine seemed quite far-fetched as many of them had had their engines transplanted and were now having Japanese engines inside. Though it may be a little cheaper to maintain as well as economical, it certainly killed the ‘Jaguar’ in the Jaguar.

Then I came across a well-kept one much later, after I even missed buying the very same Jaguar XJ6 that I fell in love with when I was a young boy just by a mere two months. The car I came across was a 3.4 litre twin carburettor not the much desired 4.2 litre fuel injection, nevertheless the price was not too bad and the condition was the best I’ve seen in a long time and so me being me, I bought it. At that time, it did need some mechanical doing up but it was nothing major. Once I had bought the Jaguar Series 3, the adventure started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment