Thursday 8 May 2014

Toyota Supra MkIV



This is probably my first write up on a Japanese car here. Well, today I’m going to be writing about a 90s Japanese sports car called the Toyota Supra MkIV. Toyota started building Toyota Supras right from 1978 beginning with the Celica Supra MkI and ending with my favourite, the Toyota Supra MkIV, codenamed the JZA80.

The MkIV always attracted me with it’s sleek looks that were definitely ahead of it’s time. Even if you were to look at it, it’s not easy to believe that the first model of the MkIV came out more than 20 years ago. Toyota began manufacturing the MkIVs in late 1992 up to 2002. It came with the famous 2JZ 3.0 litre inline 6 engine and they had 2 variants, the twin-turbo models as well as the non-turbo models. I never got too much into Japanese sports cars until a friend of mine actually bought a twin-turbo model (pic below, white car) several years back and the first time I drove it almost immediately after he got it, I was amazed by the power and response of the car even though this particular car still had some issues to be sorted out.



And of course as he did it up and souped it further and it just became more and more powerful. Basically it was such a versatile car that you could soup it up quite a bit without even doing engine modifications. With him buying it, another friend (pic below, orange car, the white car is the same car as above but with standard bumpers and rims) decided to get one as well a few years ago and now I think quite a number of us in the group are looking for a MkIV... even me! Haha...


The videos below shows the car’s potential. Sit back and be amazed by this car:



 



Can't wait to get one....? What are you waiting for....? Go get one !!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment