Friday 4 July 2014

Classic Jaguar S-Type


Well, July has already come and we are at the 3rd quarter of the year already and before I forget, Happy Fourth of July to our readers in the United States of America and thanks for your support. As the first write-up for the month, I will feature another rare Jaguar. A rather interesting Jaguar that I came across recently was a Jaguar S-Type. This S-Type is not to be mistaken with the new Jaguar S-Type. This S-Type was built from 1963 – 1968 and there were about 35,000 units built of which they came in two engine variations which were the 3.4 litre and the 3.8 litre. They were both inline 6 cylinder engines and they were similar to those in the Jaguar Mark 2.

The S-Type was a car caught between the two worlds of the Jaguar Mk 2 and the Jaguar Mk 10 of which I’ve done write-ups on previously. For those of you who know the Jaguar Mark 10, the S-Type will definitely look very familiar as it’s basic shape and design is similar to the Mark 10 but with a front similar to a Mark 2. The design of the two tailpipes were also similar to that of the Mark 10. Even the interior layout was similar to that of both the Mark 2 as well as the Mark 10. Just have a look at the photos and you would know what I mean.


A very rare car (at least in Malaysia), the S-Type is not an easy car to spot here in Malaysia. It is almost as rare as the Mark 10 when compared to the Mark 2 which you can still find quite a number running off and on. And of course when I came across this S-Type it certainly attracted me as Jaguars are rare and finding a S-Type in good condition is even rarer. I’m sure if you are a Jaguar person you would know what I mean. The car had an air-condition unit as well as a radio added on but other than that it was a very very original car with a beautiful interior. Below are shots of the car I was mentioning and below I’ve attached a video for you to have a good look at the S-Type. Do enjoy.








A brief walk with the Jaguar S-Type below


No comments:

Post a Comment