Thursday 26 June 2014

Fiat Coupe


Well, here’s another Italian automobile that I’ll be writing about, the Fiat Coupe. Recently I posted an update about a Fiat Coupe for sale and I decided why not write about this car which I was not very impressed with at first. It was produced by Fiat from 1993 to 2000 and there were about 70,000 units built. Being a unique car with it’s angular designs which one would not mistake even when seen from a distance, it’s exterior design was surprisingly not by Pininfarina. This time they were only confined to design the interior of the car.

Looking at the shape itself will somewhat tell you that this car is a fast car. There were a few engine variations available. There were three 4 cylinder engine variants available of which they were the 1.8 litre 16 valve, 2.0 litre 16 valve and the 2.0 litre 16 valve Turbo. There were two 5 cylinder engines available which were the 2.0 litre 20 valve and the 2.0 litre 20 valve Turbo.

The turbo versions came with a limited-slip differential (LSD). I’ve personally driven the 2.0 litre 20 valve Turbo and I must say it was pretty impressive. This very original car came with a 6 speed manual gearbox and being a very well maintained car it felt great. It also came with push start button to start the car. The 20 valve Turbo as it is popularly known has an impressive figure of 220 bhp and it does 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds which is not bad for a 2.0 litre car. 

After all that, I must say that I’m hooked onto the 6 speed manual as most people who know me would certainly be surprised knowing that I’m more of an automatic cruiser, if you know what I mean.. haha.. If you are looking for one, do not hesitate to look up our ‘Cars for sale’ page to check this car out. The car has been maintained by a car enthusiast and is also in very original condition, trust me on that. You’ll probably not find one as original and well taken care off as that.






No comments:

Post a Comment