Wednesday 24 December 2014

Jaguar E-Type Series I


Well, Christmas is just one day away and as per my word that I would do a few write-ups on some rare and interesting automobiles this month, here is another. I started off this month with an ultra-rare 1926 Rolls-Royce Twenty Tourer and so here is another rare beauty and back to the topic of my beloved Jaguars of course, the Jaguar E-Type. It’s actually been overdue for some time for me to write an article on this car but my initial plan was to write to write about the E-Type Series 1, 2 and 3 in one article but unfortunately I haven’t got any good shots of the Series 2 and the Series 3 yet hence, I’ve decided to just split the articles into the three different ones.



So to get it going, the particular model that will be discussed today is the Jaguar E-Type Series 1. The Series 1 as the name denotes, is the first E-Type model to be produced. They were produced from the years of 1961 till 1968 of which close to 40,000 units were built. Even though there were that many units built during those days, there are only a handful Series 1s surviving today due to various reasons and that’s what makes the Series 1 the highest in terms of value among the three models.

The E-Type was designed by Malcolm Sayer, an aircraft and car designer who also had a hand in the initial blueprint of the later Jaguar XJS. They were available in three different body variants which include the Fixed-head Coupe (FHC), two-seater convertible (Roadster) and a 2+2 four seater Coupe. The Series 1 came with two engine variants which are the 3.8 litre inline 6 cylinder and the 4.2 litre inline 6 cylinder and were powered by triple SU carburettors. The 3.8 litre models remain to be the most sought after being the first model ever to be produced.

In Malaysia, there are still a number of well kept E-Types available and below is an immaculate 1967 Series 1. This particular car happens to be a 1967 4.2 litre Series I Roadster. The car has since gone for further refurbishing which include a colour change and I hope to get a shot of it once it’s done. Do enjoy the pics as well as a video I managed to personally shoot on the car. I don’t want to say much on the car, just let the pictures do the talking.














The video


No comments:

Post a Comment